Fez to Merzouga tour
Discover the dunes of Erg Chebbi from Fez!
Fez Merzouga tour
Fez Merzouga tour
Fez to Merzouga tour – Morocco desert tour from Fez 3 days – Merzouga desert tour – Excursion Fez Sahara – Fez to Merzouga – Sahara desert tour from Fez
- 1st day: departure from Fez, you will pass by Midelt, Valley Ziz, Erfoud and Rissani before arriving in Merzouga in the evening
During the first day of this Fez to Merzouga tour, you will travel from the city of Fez to the Moroccan desert.
You take the road in the morning for Ifrane. It is a city in the Middle Atlas. You will continue to Azrou. This city is about 90km from Fez at an altitude of 1,200 m. The landscapes are hilly and very green. Next to Azrou is the largest cedar forest in Morocco.
You will continue your Morocco desert tour from Fez to Merzouga by Midelt, a city located between the chains of the Middle Atlas and the Eastern High Atlas. You will cross then of the Valley of Ziz in the High Eastern Atlas where one finds beautiful palm groves …
The trip to the Moroccan desert continues! Your guide will take you through Errachidia before arriving in Erfoud. This city is in a big oasis. Then direction Rissani where a visit allows to discover its many ksars!
In the afternoon, you finally arrive in Merzouga, to find camels and enjoy a well-deserved ride in the Erg Chebbi dunes. After sunset, dinner and night in a Merzouga desert camp.
- 2nd day: after Merzouga, visit the Todra Gorges and overnight at the Dades Gorges
For this 2nd day of your Fez to Merzouga tour, on the program:
- breakfast at the nomadic camp in Erg Chebbi,
- short hike in the Merzouga desert,
- and departure for the Toudra Gorges!
The Todra Gorges are located in the High Atlas. Some reach 300 m in height! Lunch on-site and visit. After passing through the Todra Valley which invites you to stroll along the river, towards the Dades Valley and the Dades Gorges. Beautiful landscapes insight … Visit, dinner, and overnight in a hotel.
- 3rd day: Valley of the Roses and Oasis of Skoura, visit of Aït Ben Haddou – return to Marrakech
After these rich visits and the discovery of Erg Chebbi, it’s time to take the road back. It passes through the Valley of Roses and visit of the Oasis of Skoura which is near Ouarzazate (40km). Discovery Kasbahs and the palm grove. Then visit the movie studios and Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou. Then the road continues through the Tizi n’Tichka pass in the Atlas.
The arrival is scheduled late afternoon in Marrakech.
- The city of Midelt is located at 1,521 m above sea level.
Wadi Ziz is a river of southern Morocco. The river extends for some 280 km.
- Erfoud becomes "Capital of the Date" in the fall of each year (in October). It is a city located at the doors of the Moroccan desert.
- The city of Rissani (whose former name is Moulay Ali Chérif) is worth visiting for its ksars: Ksar El Fida, Ksar Abber, Ksar Ouighlan ... This city is the cradle of the Alawite dynasty.
- Atlas studios and movie studios are 3 kilometers from Ouarzazate. There are also Kanzaman Studios and CLA Studios. Several films have been filmed locally or partially, here are some of them: Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves (1954), A Tea in the Sahara (1990), The Mummy (1999), Gladiator (2000), Asterix and Obelix : Cleopatra Mission (2002), Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (2010);
- Merzouga desert camp: sleeping in the desert
Accommodation in Erg Chebbi is done in traditional nomadic camp. For those who wish, a formula allows you to sleep in a Merzouga luxury desert camp. Luxury desert camps Morocco are available in Merzouga, Erg Chegaga, M'hamid, Agafay, ...
Our agency is located in M'hamid El Ghizlane, in Southern Morocco, Zagora province.
Pat: 47725024 RC 309/2809 No. IF 31832047
We will be happy to answer your questions. Do not hesitate to contact us for any information related to your Morocco desert excursion tour. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
+33 628 568 405