Marrakech to M'hamid tour 3 days
Sahara tour from Marrakech to discover the Moroccan desert!
Marrakech to M’hamid tour 3 days
Marrakech to M’hamid tour 3 days
Marrakech desert tours – Morocco desert excursions – Marrakech M’hamid tour – Sahara desert tour from Marrakech – Marrakech desert tour 3 days.
- 1st day: the landscapes of the Atlas and the palm grove of the Draa Valley
The first day of this Morocco desert tour from Marrakech that will make you discover the Sahara desert, will make you explore different landscapes.
You start by crossing the curves of the High Atlas on the road to Ouarzazate, to the south of Morocco …You will pass by the Tizi’n’Tichka pass and admire the green hills of the Atlas.
Lunch is planned in Ouarzazate, after about 5h30 of road. Of course, several stops will punctuate this trip to make it even more enjoyable.
After the break for lunch, change of scenery. You go beyond Ouarzazate and there it is the Anti-Atlas that rises in all its majesty with its colors that announce us arid places, the desert that is not very far …
The Drâa Valley that you will cross is well worth the detour on this Marrakech M’hamid tour. Your trip to the Sahara continues to Zagora. You will spend the night in this charming city in southern Morocco.
- 2nd day: Zagora – the desert of M’hamid
After breakfast, you take the road with your guide who will drive you in 4X4 to M’hamid El Ghizlane. A stop will be done in Tamegroute to visit the Koranic library. Tamegroute is also known for its green pottery workshops … To discover!
Your Marrakech desert trip continue … that’s it! The palm grove, the village of M’hamid, and the endless sand stretching before you. You continue another 5 km on the track in the desert to discover the place surrounded by dunes where is nestled our nomadic desert camp …
Installation at the camp. You then go on a camel ride. Sunset on the dunes. You will then have the opportunity to taste the delicious dinner prepared on the spot by your hosts: tajine, grilled meat, couscous, fresh salad, …Evening around a campfire with traditional music.
- 3rd day: it’s the end of your Marrakech Sahara tour
The next day, after breakfast, you leave for Marrakech. Those who want it can also enjoy the sunrise on the dunes, the show is unique.
Stop at Agdz for lunch. You have the opportunity to take it to a family of locals.
Before heading back to the High Atlas and Marrakech, a visit to the Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou is planned. It is a site frequented by travelers because of its natural and architectural beauty. Your Marrakech desert tour ends at the end of the day.
- Departure in the morning around 8 AM.
You do not have to move, your guide will pick you up at your hotel!
- The distance between Marrakech and Zagora is 350 km, about 7 hours.
This is the reason why several stops and breaks are planned on the road.
- In M'hamid, you will meet with Sahrawi nomads. They will be your guests in our Morocco desert camp. They will also accompany you during your camel ride or 4x4 excursion in the desert. They know better than people the Sahara! This desert tour Marrakech will be the opportunity to also get to know the nomadic culture.
- Did you know that every dromedary has its name? And his character too!
Dromedaries are very intelligent animals.
- In the desert of M'hamid, you can practice the quad. It is possible to organize an hour ride during your Morocco desert tour.
- Idea for your desert trip: every year, in October or November, takes place in M'hamid El Ghizlane, Taragalte festival that brings together nomads and many travelers curious to learn more about this culture. Several groups of music participate. If you make your tour at this time of the year, you can attend this cultural event.
Our agency is located in M'hamid El Ghizlane, in Southern Morocco, Zagora province.
Pat: 47725024 RC 309/2809 No. IF 31832047
We will be happy to answer your questions. Do not hesitate to contact us for any information related to your Morocco desert excursion tour. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
+33 628 568 405