Live a 5 day adventure in the desert!
Morocco desert trek
Morocco desert trek 5 days
- Morocco desert trek 5 days
This Morocco desert trek takes the form of a camel ride of 5 days.
The discovery of the Sahara is done through trekking, that is to say, thanks to a daily walk of about 4 hours. The trek in the desert is alternated by walks on the backs of camels.
Camels are loaded with supplies and equipment for the 5-day hike. Trek participants have no load to wear. You are accompanied by the nomads who live in this part of the Sahara. They will take care of the meals, mount the mobile Morocco Sahara desert camp for the night, guide you in the desert and make you discover beautiful places in the Sahara. They will also take care of the camels. The 5-day trek in the Moroccan desert is ideal to unwind, relax, live the adventure, share warm moments with the “inhabitants of the desert”. For this Sahara trekking tour from M’hamid, we suggest the following route:
- The dunes of Ras N’khal
The first day of the 5-day Morocco desert trek is dedicated to the discovery of the Ras N’klal dunes. It takes 2 hours of walking in the morning and about the same time after lunch. Overnight stay in a nomadic tent.
- Sidi Naji
After breakfast, you leave with the camel caravan. The different landscapes follow one another … After crossing a desert plateau, you discover an erg with dunes. You will spend the night at the foot of the dunes.
- Erg Zahar
The 3rd day of your Sahara trekking tour will take you to the “screaming dunes” – Erg Zahar. From the dunes in this place, you will enjoy a beautiful view of the desert, the dunes that dominate the Drâa Valley … Overnight stay.
- Erg Aït Ounir
Another day in the calm and silence of the Sahara … Landscapes change as and when walking. Sometimes trays dotted with acacias, sometimes dunes covered with tamarisk. Discovery of the dunes of Aït Ounir.
- Back to M’hamid
On the 5th day of your Morocco desert trek in the Sahara, you take the way back to M’hamid. You will return to the dunes of Ras N’khal. You will cross the palm grove to arrive at the village or in our Morocco desert camp.
- This Morocco camel tour, which takes the form of a Sahara trekking, can be practiced from September to the end of May. In the period from June to August, temperatures in Morocco desert are very high and can reach 50 ° in places.
- How many people participate in the camel trek Morocco?
There are two options: you can choose to make a private trip in the Moroccan desert that will be only for you and possibly the person (s) accompanying you or you can also opt for a group departure. In this second case, we make sure to form small groups so that everyone can fully benefit from the experience.
- Places to visit during a Morocco desert trek from M'hamid: Erg Lihoudi, Ras N'Khal (the palm grove), Sidi Naji, Erg Zahar, Chegaga Erg, Erg Bougarn, Erg Smar, ...
- During your Morocco desert trek program the nights are spent in a mobile desert camp (nomadic tents). You can embellish your trip in the Moroccan desert with one or two nights in a fixed Morocco Sahara desert camp. You can choose between a classic nomadic camp or a desert luxury camp Morocco.
Our agency is located in M'hamid El Ghizlane, in Southern Morocco, Zagora province.
Pat: 47725024 RC 309/2809 No. IF 31832047
We will be happy to answer your questions. Do not hesitate to contact us for any information related to your Morocco desert excursion tour. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
+33 628 568 405