Ouarzazate to Todra Gorges tour
Discover the Valley of Roses and go climbing at Todra Gorges
Ouarzazate to Todra Gorges excursion
Ouarzazate to Todra Gorges tour
This Morocco excursion tour from Ouarzazate is perfect for visiting the Valley of the Roses and the Todra Gorges (or Todgha). The Valley of Roses is known for its beautiful landscapes in which pink and ocher contrast with the green of the Oases. One of the most visited natural sites in the Ouarzazate region is the Todra Gorges. In addition to offering the traveler unparalleled landscapes, these red rock walls allow the curious traveler to try climbing.
- The Valley of roses
This excursion tour in South Morocco will take you to the beautiful Valley of the Roses. You will make a stop in the village of Kelâat M’Gouna for tea, admire the magnificent landscapes and visit local cooperatives, before continuing to the Dades Gorges.
- Lunch at Dades Gorges
On the road to the Todra Gorges, you will pass by the Dades Gorges.
The Dades Gorges are located between the High Atlas and the Saghro djebel. Their visit is worth a detour, as well as a short walk in the Dades Valley. Lunch is scheduled at the Dades Gorges before continuing on the road to the Toudra Gorges in the afternoon.
- Overnight at Todra Gorges
You will arrive at the Gorges du Toudra in the afternoon. You will visit before settling in for the night.
- Climbing at Toudra Gorges
The next day, your Morocco excursion tour from Ouarzazate continues with a climb to the Toudra Gorges. After breakfast, you will meet your guide. Mandatory equipment is provided to you. Let’s enjoy climbing for 1 hour or 2! The beauty of nature that reigns in the Todra Gorges does not leave us indifferent. This is the reason why several films were filmed there, for example, Lawrence of Arabia.
After the climbing activity at the Toudra Gorges, you will enjoy a good lunch, you will have earned it!
- Back to Ouarzazate in the afternoon
After lunch, you will return to Ouarzazate. Before the end of your 2-day Morocco tour in the South, you will visit Tinghir (or Tinerhir). The city is located in the Toudra Valley, in an Oasis. You will take the opportunity to have tea. The return to Ouarzazate will be in the afternoon. Your guide will drop you off at your hotel.
- The Ouarzazate to Toudra Gorges excursion is ideal even for a short stay in south Morocco.
- If you travel in Morocco in April or May, you will have the chance to see the roses cover the Valley and smell their sweet fragrance. Every year, in Kelâat M’Gouna, the main village in the Valley of the Roses, the Rose Festival takes place.
- The Toudra Gorges are located in the High Atlas mountains. The red rock walls of the Gorges reach some 300 meters. The slope of the walls is steep, almost vertical. Climbing fans and experienced climbers will enjoy it!
- This Morocco tour 2 days includes an optional climbing activity in the Todra Gorges with a certified professional guide.
- Climbing can be replaced for a hiking activity in the Toudra Valley with a picnic.
- We can customize this 2-day Ouarzazate tour by including additional activities.
To benefit from a tailor-made Morocco tour, do not hesitate to contact us.
Our agency is located in M'hamid El Ghizlane, in Southern Morocco, Zagora province.
Pat: 47725024 RC 309/2809 No. IF 31832047
We will be happy to answer your questions. Do not hesitate to contact us for any information related to your Morocco desert excursion tour. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
+33 628 568 405